Associate Director, Statistical Programming
*This is a Remote, full-time opportunities are open to any USA home-office location.
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients’ lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
- Supervision of statistical programmers in support of Biostatistics and Statistical Programming projects and related activities for the presentation and analysis of clinical trial data.
- Provide statistical programming input into other disciplines' activities and participate in interdepartmental processes.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the management of other disciplines, particularly those that interact closely with the department, to ensure consistency in approach, ongoing cooperation and teamwork, and regular discussion regarding process improvements.
- Support senior management in all aspects of the management and development of the discipline.
- Build an open and communicative environment in which concerns can be raised and where the input of all is evidently valued.
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentoring to ensure thorough knowledge of the processes used and ongoing technical development.
- Maintain a positive approach, building a motivating and professional team environment.
- Facilitate the flow of information, comment and feedback between senior management and all levels of staff.
- Ensure appropriate review of deliverables, implementing follow-up activities at the individual or departmental level.
- Carry out line management responsibilities for assigned staff, including Performance Management and Development activities, disciplinary procedures and administrative activities.
- Work with Training specialists and other disciplines to ensure all members of the department receive training required to fulfill current role or to develop further.
- Serve as Statistical Programming lead for large global or other major programs. Provide input to the optimal global utilization of resources based on project requirements, resource availability, efficient utilization, and staff competencies and development needs.
- Perform recruitment activities on behalf of the department.
- Project management activities for identified projects including financial, resource planning and utilization, timelines and milestone management.
- Provide, as necessary, input into protocol and CRF input, Statistical Analysis Plan, Statistical Programming deliverables