Manager of Clinical Lab Data Management
This permanent, salaried position can be done remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
- Line manages Data Management staff including performance reviews, human resource issues and resource assignment. The post holder is typically, but not exclusively, responsible for providing line management of junior Data Management (e.g. grades 109 and below) staff.
- Provide all clients, both internal and external, with the appropriate quality of service in a cost-effective manner.
The position has full responsibility for managing staff. This includes assisting hiring, coaching, scheduling/delegating work, conducting performance reviews and determining pay/promotions.
- Essential Job Duties:
Responsible for the line-management of Data Management staff.
- Manage direct reports to ensure staff training records are up to date.
- Manage direct reports to ensure utilisation targets are met or exceeding target, per job grade.
- Responsible for managing performance reviews and issues of direct reports.
- Be an active member of the Data Management Leadership team.
- Responsible for cascading relevant information from internal and external meetings to direct reports and appropriate colleagues.
- Train new employees overall in data management processes.
- Responsible for office management (schedules, desk assignments, business continuity planning, disaster recovery, etc.).
- In conjunction with the Lead Data Manager, provide input into assessment of resource requirements on a regular basis.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Covance Data Management SOPs, Work Instructions (WI) and guidance documents.
- Possess knowledge of all other CDS procedural documents that impact Data Management.
- Assist with the generation and review of SOPs, Work Instructions etc., when required
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff to Data Management.
- Build and maintain good Data Management relationships across functional units.
- Demonstrate role specific Competencies on consistent basis.
- Demonstrate company Values on consistent basis.
- Financial authority as it relates to personnel and projects.
- Any other duties as assigned by management