Statistical Programmer 2
*These remote, full-time opportunities are open to any USA home-office location.
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients’ lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
In this role, the selected candidate will develop and review SAS specifications, programs and output for the creation of ADaM and client-defined analysis datasets, tables, listings and graphs in support of Statistical Analysis Plans; participate in the Statistical Programming review of Case Report Forms (CRFs), annotated CRFs, database structures and study related documentation; review draft and final production runs for projects to ensure quality and consistency and ensure the filing of study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Interact with project team members in related disciplines e.g. Clinical Data Management, Clinical and Biostatistics.
- Assume team member responsibilities, including representing Statistical Programming at internal project team meetings and with support from senior Statistical Programming staff at client meetings.
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills, a proactive approach and a willingness to make decisions, seeking advice from senior Statistical Programming staff to confirm decisions when necessary.
- With sufficient experience assume the role of a Lead Programmer for assigned projects.
- Understand scope of project in order to advise Senior Statistical Programming staff of changes in scope of projects to enable the timely development of change orders.
- Assist with training, mentoring of Statistical Programmers under the supervision of senior Statistical Programming staff.
- Prioritize personal workload to meet specified completion dates.
- Carry out all activities according to Covance SOPs working within the framework of the Quality Management System and to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior Statistical Programming staff.
- 3 - 5 years experience as Statistical Programmer for management and reporting of clinical trial data.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of SAS
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards of work
- Awareness and appreciation of the business needs of a CRO
- Effective communication skills.
- Cooperative and team-oriented approach.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- BSc in computing, life science, mathematical or statistical subject.
- A high computing content is considered to be beneficial; however proven computing skills are most important.
- Alternative academic qualifications or experience are assessed to ensure equivalent background.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.