Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinarypotential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
Covance is currently hiring a CRA II for its location in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Assures the implementation of project plans as assigned
- Site administration and site monitoring responsibility for clinical studies according to Covance
- Standard Operating Procedures, ICH Guidelines and GCP
- Site management responsibility for clinical studies according to Covance Standard Operating
- Procedures, ICH Guidelines and GCP
- Act in the project role of as Local Project Coordinator or Lead CRA as assigned
- Responsible for all aspects of study site monitoring including routine monitoring and close-out of clinical sites, maintenance of study files, conduct of pre-study and initiation visits; liaise with vendors; and other duties, as assigned
- Responsible for all aspects of site management as prescribed in the project plans
- General On-Site Monitoring Responsibilities:
- Ensure the study staff who will conduct the protocol have received the proper materials and instructions to safely enter patients into the study
- Ensure the protection of study patients by verifying that informed consent procedures and protocol requirements are adhered to according to the applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensure the integrity of the data submitted on Case Report Forms (CRFs) or other data collection tools by careful source document review. Monitor data for missing or implausible data
- Ensure the resources of the Sponsor and Covance are spent wisely by performing the required monitoring tasks in an efficient manner, according to SOPs and established guidelines, including managing travel expenses in an economical fashion according to
- Travel, including air travel, may be required and is an essential function of the job.
- Prepare accurate and timely trip reports
- Responsible for all aspects of registry management as prescribed in the project plans
- Undertake feasibility work when requested
- Recruitment of potential investigators, preparation of EC submissions, notifications to regulatory authorities, translation of study-related documentation, organization of meetings and other tasks as instructed by supervisor
- Negotiate study budgets with potential investigators and assist the Covance legal department with statements of agreements as assigned
- Complete Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting, process production of reports, narratives and follow up of SAEs
- Independently perform CRF review; query generation and resolution against established data review guidelines on Covance or client data management systems as assigned by management
- Assist with training, of new employees, e.g. co-monitoring
- Coordinate designated clinical projects as a Local Project Coordinator (with supervision, if applicable), and may act as a local client contact as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Travel Requirements: Yes (% of time: 60%)
- Language Skills Required: Speaking: English and Local Language; Writing/Reading: English and Local Language